Monday, May 27, 2013

Street Food in Sham Shui Po

I am not a fan of most street food, but there are some I can't help being obsessed with... :P
Here are two in Sham Shui Po worth trying:

Coconut milk from King of Coconut (椰汁大王)
There is a constant queue in front of the store, which overshadows the bubble tea store next to it without any mercy. The coconut milk recipe is simple - just coconut meat, Black & White evaporated milk (黑白淡奶) and sugared water - to blend to smooth...and very smooth, but at the same time you could still find tiny bits of coconut meat in it :) absolutely tasty

Address: G/F, Hang Shing Building, 42-44 Kwelin Street, Sham Shui Po

Grilled dry squid
Located strategically at the crossings, the smell of grilled dry squid never fail to lure me. Make sure you ask for a pack that is freshly grilled, they are best served warm and crispy ;)

Address: Yen Chow Street (cross street of Un Chau Street)

There are other street food I like, such as takoyaki (章魚小丸子) and french fries with different dressings in Mongkok, egg waffle balls (雞蛋仔) from 蛋記 in Shau Kei Wan...etc. Excuse my lack of knowledge on the most common ones like fish balls, deep fried intestines and stinky tofu, I have sensitive stomach so I have been trying to avoid those >< Anyway, what are your favorites?

1 comment:

What do you think?